The Challenges of Leadership: Improving Outcomes for Our Looked After Children
- The Challenges of Leadership: Improving Outcomes for Our Looked After Children
- Tuesday 27/03/2012
- Additional Day:
- Start/End Time(s):
- 09:15 until 15:30
- Robert Gordon University - Robert Gordon University, ABERDEEN, AB10 7QG
A seminar for managers; workers with supervisory responsibilities; and other looked after children workers who hold formal or informal leadership positions.
CELCIS has been engaged in consultation with stakeholders from the looked after children sector since its inception in 2011. These on-going discussions have highlighted the need for practitioners and carers in this sector to be given the opportunity to learn and develop the skills, knowledge and values necessary for effective leadership. This seminar aims to show different approaches and considerations related to the nature and challenges of leadership. It is presented by speakers with substantial knowledge and practical experience of leading and managing services within the looked after children sector. This event is the second of three CELCIS seminars to concentrate on the theme of leadership in the looked after children sector.
- Martin Goodwin, Edinburgh City Council: 'Trauma Sensitive Leadership.'
- Itay Talgam, Ted.com: 'Leading an Orchestra.'
- Jess Alexander, Scottish Social Services Council: 'Stepping into Leadership.'
- Aberdeen Foyer Young Leaders and Supporting Staff: 'Aberdeen Foyer Young Leaders and Supporting Staff.'
- Mike Sutherland, Robert Gordon University: 'Drawing Out the Best from the Team: Enhancing and Supplementing.'
- Manuela Costa and Chris Walter, Camphill School: 'Leadership at the Camphill School, Aberdeen.'
For further information, please contact the CELCIS Events Team
|The Challenges of Leadership Flier|